Monday, 8 January 2018

M2 - Justify Planned Components



Poster Advert Justification
Creating a print advertisement means that College @ Deyes would be able to pay for these publications to feature in places such as local towns or at bus stops, therefore reach this audience.  Print advertisement is a very old but effective method of advertising as they reach a large audience of all ages which benefits the college as students and their relatives will have a very high chance of seeing these publications. If the print advert is done correctly it can potentially bring large amounts of students to the school if they post the publications in the correct locations and they are at a higher standard to their competitor’s advertisements.
As College @ Deyes does not the biggest of budgets for advertising, we will not be able to advertise these print publications in large magazines with high readerships. Therefore, we will need to advertise more directly to reach our target audience by potentially including these adverts in local newspapers. It would be highly effective if the adverts were published in locations which consist of niche interests that our 15-17 target demographic audience would be interested in such as local magazines, youth centres or leisure centres. This would be best as places such as at local shops, leisure centres or on local public transport are places where the target audience would see the adverts and where they will most likely spend most of their free time.
On the print publication I have included specific components to grab the student’s attention when they are looking at them. For example, I am going to have a large text in the middle of the poster with ‘Calibri’ as my font. I chose this font as it is a very clear font to show professionalism and it’ll make it easy for the students to read. Also, I’m going to use red or white text onto a black background as red is the colour scheme of College @ Deyes. These colours ensure that the audience can clearly see the information that I’m putting out about the college. It is important the advert looks professional and is readable as if I was to use bright colours all over it will be hard for students to look at and it’ll look unprofessional when it comes out. I will also use high quality pictures/ clips of the school so that it will look professional if it’s in good quality and by using the tripod so that the camera stays still and straight. It’ll also show that it’s not poorly made and that it will hopefully convince a lot of people to look at it and be interested in it.

Radio Advert Component Justification

There are a few reasons why I have chosen to create an audio advert, the first being that the advertisement could be broadcast on local radio stations to attract students. It is almost certain that members of the target audience will hear this advert as most people have the radio on in their cars when travelling. This will ensure that Deyes will get the awareness they wish for, even parents may listen to these adverts then recommend the college to their child. The second reason to create an audio advert is because it can be used to advertise the product online on streaming services such as Spotify or the advert can be published onto YouTube. This is a very highly effective method of advertising as many students spend a lot of time online, particularly on sites such as Spotify. I have researched this, and a survey stated that 71% of 15-16 year olds use Spotify to listen to music, so adverts on this app results in a better opportunity to reach the target audience.

I will have to make sure that there is a good quality microphone to use if I’m speaking in the audio-visual advert and to make sure that the quality of the audio is good and not cutting out, so the audience can hear clearly what is said. Also, will need to find a suitable background music as I want it to motivating and energetic so that the audience doesn’t feel bored of listening to it, which makes it more memorable and professional. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

d2

D2 The client brief stated that I had to ‘create a new cross-media advertising campaign’ which means I had to ensure I created two adver...