D1 – Discuss the legal and ethical constraints within the
planned campaign
Legal
Consequently, permission will be needed from Deyes High
School to use their images in the print poster and therefore will have to sign
a consent form. This allows the image to be used freely from the Copyright,
Designs and Patents Act within the production of my poster advert and to be
published to the public when completed. However, other than the 2 images used
of Deyes High College and their logo, most of design work will be created by
myself therefore will not governed by copyright laws. Permission is also needed
from the students who featured in the audio advert as it will be published to
the public. These students will need to fill out a consent form which states
exactly what the use of the advert is for and where it will be published. Additionally,
as the advert contains music in the background, we had to acquire royalty free
music which is not copyrighted to ensure we don’t get into trouble with the
copyright holder and the Copyright, Designs and Patents Act.
When creating my content, I must ensure I follow the Obscene
Publications Act as the adverts are targeted at younger teenagers, so the
content must not have a negative influence on this audience. For example, the
adverts can’t make the young audience stress about their future, so the advert
shouldn’t suggest that it is a bad thing if they don’t know what they want to
do after they finish school.
On both adverts I
must follow the Libel Law, so I don’t publish false facts about the school to
make it sound better. Furthermore, I will need to avoid being biased in my
radio advert towards the school as it may just seem made up and exaggerated to
those listening on the radio. If the information used is false, I could receive
prosecutions from the law and negatively impact the school’s reputation. To
avoid this law, I intend not to publish any untrue or exaggerated information,
so I will use reliable information provided by Deyes High themselves.
Data protection is also very important when creating an
audio advert as that we needed to ensure that it doesn’t contain any
information about the students involved. This means that we can not share the
names of the students who spoke in the advert, so they are to be kept
anonymous.
For the print advertisement, we had to ensure that that the
poster met the standards set by the ASA so that it would be fit to be
distributed to the public to attach to bus stops and around public transport. Therefore,
I made sure that there was nothing inappropriate or misleading within them.
Consent Forms for
Media campaign production
Name: Bradley Roberts
I give my consent:
·
For
myself to be recorded for inclusion in a radio advert
I am aware that this audio production by Andrew Hammond will be
uploaded online and distributed to online streaming sites and to the radio
stations. I allow my name to be included in the pre-production documents for
the Digital Media coursework.
Signed: ………………………………………………………………………….
Name: P.Delaney, Head of College @ Deyes
I give my consent:
·
For the
official Deyes High logo to be used for advertising purposes
I am aware that this print production by Andrew Hammond will include
the logo of College @ Deyes and will be uploaded online. I allow the logo to be
included in the pre-production documents for the Digital Media coursework and
for it to be distributed to the public as this is aiming to attract students to
the college.
Signed: ………………………………………………………………………….
Ethical
A very important factor during the creation of these
advertisements was representation. I made sure that the audio advertisement was
to have both a male and female student voice. This suggests that the school is
open to both male and females, so the advert would not ostracise any potential
students through a lack of representation. The print advert does not contain people
like the radio advert does therefore there were far fewer ethical issues to
worry about.
No comments:
Post a Comment